Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What a difference

Last night I washed my hair and actually took the time to separate each lock. I have been very diligent in making sure to braid and band my hair each time I've washed my hair, but not so much when it came to separating them afterwards.



My washing routine is nothing short of simplistic. I grab some hair while sitting in front of the TV, braid it up and throw a rubber band on the end, then grab another section and keep doing the same thing until I'm done. I jump in the shower put my head under the stream of water, which by the way feels great and I pour the starter shampoo on my scalp and on my braids and really just do a lot of patting. I have yet to scrub my scalp. My scalp isn't itchy so I don't take chance of getting fuzzy roots so I pat. I jump out the shower take the braids out shake it up with my fingers and normally go to bed, with a semi-wet head. Last night I took each section down and really separated each lock before I took another section out. As I was doing so I had to literally use force to separate my roots. If I had not done that I would have a matted mess on my head.



So ladies...make sure you are braiding, banding, and separating its all part of the journey!!!





Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hello, and welcome to the Lock-World. :) My new pics of my Braidlocks are not on my blog, but I put a link to my album.

Take Care~

Gigglz said...

Thanks for stopping by!! I'm going to check it out now.

Kittylocks said...

I agree with the separation. Its funny how quickly this happens.

Gigglz said...

Yes its amazing how within a day or two locks are already marrying :-)!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails