Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lint..

I have not had a huge issue with lint over the past nine months. I give large credit to sleeping on a satin pillowcase for the past six months, and if I don't sleep on the satin pillowcase I sleep with a satin bonnet. Its either one or the other. When I am just laying around, I probably put my satin bonnet on 50% of the time. When I have pinned up my hair over the past few weeks I noticed lint on my last row in the back, and two or three locks seem to have it randomly in the front. So a few changes are going to be put into place starting now.

First, I'm going to wear my bonnet 100% of the time when laying around. Secondly, I'm going to start using a black towel instead of white when drying my hair. Lastly, I'm going to use the VO5 clarifying shampoo for every other wash and then follow up with another shampoo.

I anticipate that over time the lint will dislodge itself and fall out ...hopefully!!


-Gigglz

6 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I have been dealing with lint as well. I sometimes think that dying my hair black will solve the problem. But I have to started wearing my silk bonet around hte house 98% of the time.

Natural High said...

I hear you. The lint has become more of issue now since I have been wearing scarves and sweaters too. Some I have decided to never wear again after what they did to my locks in the back. The funny part is I went to work one day with mega lint balls in the back of my hair and no one told me...lol! Ofcourse I didn't find out until I got home.

Gigglz said...

@Brown Buttafly - I was thinking the same thing what if I just dye my hair I will be good to go!!

@Natural High - isn't it so embarassing that no one actually even tells you. They probably talking about you instead! And you have blacklisted your sweaters, that is too funny!!!

I have a mirror on my desk at work for those just in cases, but I can't see the back hmm....gives me an idea to start taking the mirror in the bathroom with me!

Bajan Lily said...

Are you sure it's lint not build-up? Lint you can pick out easily, buildup not so easily :(
I wear that loc soc I reviewed religiously (despite hubby complaining about hats in bed heheheh).
ps, I am going to dye my hair black after the baby is born...

Gigglz said...

You know what BJ-it is buildup in the back. In the front it seems more like my cuticle! I'm not ready for the locsoc, but I'm definitely back to the satin cap.

Bajan Lily said...

I had a similar issue - meant to blog about it but didn't have any pics to illustrate so never did. It was just the last back row and just a handful of the locs. My consultant at the time said it was related to the banding (remember me mentioning that?)

Anyway, I did some more research etc and the going theory (apart from banding) is that it is shampoo residue, so now I make extra sure I RINSE when I rinse my hair.... I probably go over the top with the rinsing now but I just don't want it to come back/get worse. Oh,I had a stylist dab it with ACV til it disappeared!
If I could see myself in a bonnet - I'd wear that instead, but I keep getting images of 'Lil house on the Prairie' or 'Dr Quinn:Medicine Woman' every time you say 'bonnet' ROFL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails