Monday, January 25, 2010

10 Months In

My 10 month anniversary has come and gone on the 18th and I did nothing special to celebrate.  10 months, not all that special just 2 months shy of a year.  I will harp more on that on my actual loc-a-versary!  Here I am at 10 months with a list of 10 issues and/or lessons learned:

  1. Locks still not locked yet, budding yes, but not locked
  2. Since I stopped B&B around month 7 I have experienced some bunching. To combat the bunching I have been pulling it loose, that led to a lose of a lock (BIG OOPSIE)!!!
  3. I have woken up days telling myself like I'm tired of looking like this and want to cut it off!  To combat this I pull my hair into two ponytails and put on a headband, its working so far.
  4. I do have to use a clarifying shampoo about once a month.  The lint from sweaters and any material is ANNOYING.
  5. Overall I lost 3 locks, all my own doing.  1 was from trying to pull the bunching out and I popped it.  The other 2 were from retightenings.  1, I popped too much hair and it was hanging on for dear life, the other other I joined and tried to cut the budding of another one out and cut the joining (OOPSIE).
  6. I don't have to retighten my whole head within 5 days.  I now retighten over the course of a week or two. 
  7. I can't go longer than 4 weeks otherwise my hairline looks very untidy and my locks seem to shrink up. 
  8. Although I don't suffer with dry scalp, I need to give my locks some moisture in this cold weather.
  9. I don't feel the need to seperate my locks after a wash because after a wash I style either braid out of rolling so I'm manipulating my hair.
  10. Sleeping with a satin cap and satin pillowcase is best. In case your cap comes off you still have the pillow. 

6 comments:

Felicia said...

I just reached my 11th month on the 23rd. I, too, like you have felt like sporting a TWA or starting over. I don't know, maybe it's a phase. That's why blogs, such as yours help me to know that I'm not alone in my thoughts. My hair has been so very dry this winter, how does the Sisterlock moisture or reconstructor help? I wanted to try it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and hearing mine!

A Sista Who Locked said...

Seems like we have the same woes. Some days I ask myself, “What have you done?!” Then there are those days where people can’t stop complimenting my hair. I guess my biggest thing is that I am ready to hit that growth spurt! I can’t stand having uneven hair right now. It’s not doing it for me at all. Well, almost one down and many more to go.

Gigglz said...

We seem to all be here! This place of "I don't know about this". Not quite a year, not quite locked, not quite long enough to do much with it, not quite even on both sides (for me very visible). My savior right now is seriously 2 ponytails, one from the front to the crown, the other from the back to the crown. Then I put another band around both to make one huge puff and throw on a headband! Its just a matter of time, by summertime I will be swinging them in the rays of sunlight and so will you two!

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Happy 01 onths, I look forward to seeing your 12 month progress.

I also deal with some of the issues you mentioned, this too shall pass.

Felicia said...

Thanks gigglz!!! I'll try your ponytail idea. I seriously need something, meanwhile, I'm hanging in here. I would hate to quit and not know what I couls have had.

Felicia said...

Oops!! Misspelled a word!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails