Thursday, January 14, 2010

WHY???

I am really distraught about the situation in Haiti.  I am not of Haitian descent, but knowing the lives of some Caribbean people makes my heartache.  Both of my parents are from Trinidad & Tobago and I can only imagine if the earthquake happened there, calling for my family members, wondering if friends are ok and knowing that its going to be such a struggle for them to put there lives back together.  In addition, hearing that DR is not allowing some Haitians to cross the border unless they are in desperate need of medical attention...I can't even go on. Honestly, what is going on in this world.  These catastrophes only seem to hit areas where the people are already living in poverty or close to it.  First Hurricane Katrina and now an earthquake in Haiti.......

4 comments:

A Sista Who Locked said...

I feel the same and I am getting angry by the minute when I have to read about people saying Haiti deserved it! Haiti has lost lives! To make matters worse, you have POS (Piece of Sh*t) people making ignorant comments like Pat Robertson: http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/haiti.pat.robertson/index.html

This guys is a piece of work. He said the same thing about Katrina and New Orleans. He fails to mention that the reason that Haiti wanted the French out is because THEY WERE SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SLAVES!!! It will make sense when you read the article.

Gigglz said...

I've heard hear and there the comments made by Pat Robertson. I don't think I can even bring myself to read it knowing how angry I will get from it....

I will continue to give donations because at this point I don't know what else I can do to help.

msfullroller said...

I've just asked the same question to a friend on Facebook. Lawd don't even get me started on Pat Robertson either. Giving is what we can do. If you don't mind sharing though I'll understand if you don't want to, which organizations are you giving to? I want to know that the organization is using a good majority of the funds for direct help where the need is and not the CEO's salary.

Gigglz said...

Msfullroller - sorry I'm just getting around to responding to this. but I donated through my cell phone to the Yele organization as well as the red cross.

I totally missed the telethon on Friday, so now I'm going to donate some items if I can find something locally that I actually know is legit. Do you have any ideas?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails