Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Loving my SL's in Month 4....

Ironic, tomorrow night I'm leaving on a road trip to Toronto for Carabana (largest West Indian Carnival in North America) and I have no hair appointment that I need to get to, I am not worried about a fresh perm, I'm not worried about what my hair is going to look like when I get there, I'm just not worried about my hair AT ALL!!! Even more so, I just put some cornrows in and I may go to work with them tomorrow and keep them in until I get to the hotel. Wohoo!!!

There are countless vacations I have gone on that I had to prep my hair the night before, or get home after midnight from a hair appointment on a weekday, but because of my SL's I have no concern about any of this!!! On the ride, I can afford to put my head back, take a nap, and wake up and shake and go. I cannot express how great the feeling is that the only thing I need to worry about is the clothes and shoes that I need to pack. SL's are really a lifestyle, because by having them your lifestyle changes and this is just a testament of that.

Its so funny that for the years that I contemplated getting SL's it was because of styling options and whats so funny now is that I barely style my hair. I find myself freestyling and just pulling a bobby pin or clip out and that's it. Just very interesting how we get hung up on the simple things!

8 comments:

Locs2Envy said...

How true...you post is right on point about being hung up on the little things.

Bajan Lily said...

Caribana? T&T Carnival? Are you an island girl at heart or have you hidden ancestry? I am very jealous - cos right now it's just cold and rainy (and boring!)

Ain't it great to have one less thing to worry about? I hope you have a fantastic weekend :)

Gigglz said...

@Nihu - we are our own worst enemy sometimes.

@Bajan Lily - yes Trini ancestry (Mom and Dad) and I love to party so the culture fits well (smile)... Don't be too jealous I'm sure in the next few months I will be jealous of the weather over in the UK.

HAIR I AM said...

Have fun. I know what you mean about the hair issues before sisterlocks. I have mine for 5 weeks now and I too enjoy the freedom. Can't see myself going back.

The Woman Inside said...

I am so looking forward to the freedom of shake and go. I will be locked in a week!!
Ting a ling a ling!! I am grew up near TO so I am so jelly that you will be jumping up!! Enjoy your time in TO. btw my Mom is a Trini too:)

Bajan Lily said...

jealous of UK weather? Never happen hahahah

Maryee said...

Gone' girl!!!

Gigglz said...

@Wonder Woman - I don't think I will ever return to the dark side--LMAO!!!

@The Woman Inside - I was out jumping and whining - Lol!! I had a ball, why did you leave TO?

@Bajan Lily - anytime its sunny over there I will be jelly-

@Maryee - I'm trying girl!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails