Sunday, November 1, 2009

Newly Sisterlocked Interview #1

Recently, a few of my blog friends have gotten there sisterlocks installed and I thought it would be a good idea to interview them and see what exactly make us choose sisterlocks and also how they felt and feel now.  



Gigglz: How long did you want sisterlocks before actually getting them installed?

I thought about getting sisterlocks for about 5 months before getting them installed.

Gigglz: How long were you natural before getting sisterlocks?

I did the BC in September last year......and my sisterlocks were installed in August this year....so that's 11 months.

Gigglz:  How many consultations did you have before deciding on one, and did price play a part in your decision (honestly)?

I had quite a few phone conversations mostly with trainees in my area and two actual consultations.  I tend to be a little quiet and softspoken - some mistake this for passive or uninterested - and so I was looking particularly for that person who wouldn't view me as a potential "mark".  I was looking for someone who is dedicated to doing a fabulous job, is honest, is a straight-talker, returns my calls, answers my questions honestly (yes even if the answer is "girl I haven't a clue") and has a great attitude.  Price really became an issue once I figured out that the trainee that I almost had install my locks was going to charge me more for the installation than my very experienced consultant was.

Gigglz:  What made you choose your consultant?  

I was the 91st head my consultant installed.  I spoke to a few of her clients who have active blogs or who I "ran" into on facebook and they gave her excellent referrals.  I then went in to meet her and had my consult.  Of course while I was there I got to meet a couple of her current clients who had beautiful sisterlocks.......a walking advertisement if you ask me.  She charged what I thought was a very fair price.  I'm glad I went with her.  I have lots of hair.  She installed all 550 of my locks in 18 or 19 hours (like childbirth the details are getting fuzzier by the moment).  She did my first retightening in just under 4 hours.

Gigglz:  What was your initial reaction to them?  

My initial reaction?  "What in the world did I just do to myself?"  And I stayed there for about two weeks.

Gigglz:  Do you see any disadvantages to sisterlocks?

Well right this second, I would say that the real length of my hair remains hidden with the sisterlocks.  I do worry that at this particular stage my hair does look completely wild and crazy and most people aren't quite sure what to make of it.  Starting out as short as I did, there doesn't really seem to be too much I can do with it, especially since I have it my head that the less I bother my hair the quicker it will settle down.  I do realize that this isn't proven and could very well be the excuse that I subconsciously use to do nothing to my hair..........

Gigglz:  How do you feel about your SL's today? 

I love them.  I wake up every morning a complete and utter mess.  It is truly frightening according to my husband.  But there is a transformation that happens in the shower when they get wet.  One that I absolutely love.  All I have to do is shake, pin up or pull back my hair and go.  It takes me more time to brush my teeth than it does to "do" my hair.  So when I am getting the questioning looks as I go about my life, I smile and think to myself......."yes in under 2 minutes you too can have this look!!!!"

 



P.S -- she is a little camera shy so no front shots.


Based on the responses, can you say you felt the same way, different?  


Are you be interested in being interviewed for a newbie to gauge on there feelings going forward??  Email me offline if you are gigglz665@gmail.com.


2 comments:

Keeta Marie said...

Gigglz

I have read your blog from start to finish.

Email me for an interview.

Friday marks my three week installation!

Thanks!

Keeta

Gigglz said...

Keeta - thanks so much for reading my blog!! I hope you will continue to comment and definitely let me know if you have any issues you would like me to discuss.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails