Wednesday, November 18, 2009

8 mos locked and its my birthday!!!!

It has been a full eight months today, and at 8 months I'm definitely still very pleased with my locks. In the past two weeks, 2 woman that have a blog have decided to end the journey. Wow! I don't know what I will be feeling to make the decision. I see it as a pretty tough one to make. However, that's not to say I'm not having issues. Just so newbies, or those considering SL's understand there are issues with every hairstyle. Thus far in my personal experience at 8 months I'm still dealing with:

1. Slippage
2. Unraveling from the end
3. The locks in the front sides seem to be a bit skinny, going to have to start combining along the hairline.
4. Still not locked, hence still Braiding and Banding
All in all, I still love my sisterlocks!!!  On to month 9!!!



Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

9 comments:

Natural High said...

Gigglz,

First off, I want to wish you a very Happy Birthday!! Your hair looks really cute. I have been trying to do something different with the front since that is where I have more length. It looks like you have yours pinned some kind of way. Are you using bobbie pins a clip or is it a ponytail? lol. I probably answered the question.

Gigglz said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes :-)!!!

I use like the tiny claw clips to hold the front of my hair back. I never use bobby pins because I find they snag on my locks. From time to time, I use a ponytail holder but then it gives a tighter look. I hope I explained that well, if not let me know and I will take a pic of it and post it. :-)

A Sista Who Locked said...

Happy birthday girly!!!

Mile High Sisterlocks said...

Congrats Gigglz!!! Each milestone is to be celebrated when we consider that some of the sistahs unfortunately had to give up the SL journey. Your locks still look great and you are providing a lot of information,encouragement and support to us newbies (I turned 3 months yesterday). Girl you rock!!!

The Woman Inside said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful!

Felicia said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Lockversary!!! I'm glad that you are still rockin' your locks. I, too had a bit of sadness to see some disappointments in the SL journey. However, after all that what journeys are all about, each person chooses what is best for them. Right now, hair issues and all, I'm still here!!! Hope that your day was a good one.

msfullroller said...

Gotta catchup on your blog but I wanted to stop in really quick to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY and HAPPY 8 month locaversary!!! They are looking beautiful as ever and so glad that you are hanging in there.

Bajan Lily said...

Late again! I'm so sorry!
Happy BELATED Birthday and here's hoping you've had a fantastic weekend as well!

Gigglz said...

Thank you ladies!! I enjoyed my day, you only turn 25 once!! Twice....LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails