Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Standstill

I think my hair is there, at a standstill.  I started retightening and I feel like my hair is not growing anymore.  Ok thats not entirely right becuase if it wasn't growing I wouldn't have anything to retighten but at the same time the change isn't as apparent.  I'm at the in-between stage where my locks are just filling in now, but the overall look isn't much different from before.  Since a visual effect always proves what is truly going on I had to do a comparison. 




So here it is a month 5 and month 7, what is very apparent is that my left side is growing at a much slower pace than the right.  So it is growing, and I need to exercise more PATIENCE!!!   We can easily get discouraged in this journey so make sure you are taking pictures to remind you that things are progressing, SLOWLY, but progressing!!

5 comments:

Bajan Lily said...

Gigglz girl,
I think you're going blind.
I'm looking at the pix and not only is Month 7 fuller it's also longer - look at how far it sticks out from your head! See?

So basically, it IS still growing, but maybe you can't see cos you see it every day???

A Sista Who Locked said...

I know what you mean. One thing that I know I have to keep in mind with SLs is that SHRINKAGE is an enemy that I will just have to live with. When your hair is out and not locked, you can clearly see the growth, but I don’t see it, and prob won’t see it for myself until it’s on my shoulders. A little extreme, yes, but you know what I mean. I can’t tell hair has grown, but others can.

Kicukalah said...

Imao i don't think there's much shrinkage at this time. You hair is coming along nicely. You can easily see a good inch or so of growth and that's what you should see with in 2 months. But, I know how you feel. I can't see my growth, but I can measure it. For example, I knew my locs in the front came midway of my forehead maybe even at the brow bone. Now those babies come clear past my eye and 1 of them has grown past the tip of my nose, So I know they're growing and that's what keeps me excited

Coco Pebb said...

Hey Gigglz...I really enjoy observing the progress your hair is making, along with the other ladies. It shows a 'newbie' like me, the light at the end of the tunnel. I know you are far from at 'the end' but the growth you have experienced, is where I want to be 8 months from now. "Keep on movin', don't stop" girly! ( a Bubble Thought: Soul II Soul...just popped in my head:) )

Gigglz said...

@Bajan Lily - I am staring at it daily, pulling my locks checking lenght way too much!! basically I'm obsessed!

@ASWL - I am with you by this time next year I expect my hair to be to my collarbone. I'm triple dog daring it to be!!! LOL

@Kicukalah - I measure it way too much and I think thats why I'm not seeing it. Maybe if I do comparisions every 2 months I will see the progress more.

@Coco - thanks :-) I loved Soul II Soul! lol! Seriously though it really is all about patience, which I've been lacking lately but I better gain some quick. As a newbie, just now that in no time you will see/feel changes and if you don't someone watching your journey will.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails