Friday, July 10, 2009

A Bigger Issue

I've noticed in the past few days some white dots in my hair in the front. I thought since I had not washed my hair in almost three weeks that it was just dirty. Well, this morning I took a closer look and yes you guessed it, its my hair coming straight from the root. It is so disheartening to see that, I don't know if my hair was tightened too much so it came from the root, or if its my natural shedding. The front hairline has always been a problem area for me, so I see I'm still going to have to deal with it. I'm crying inside, because I can't get the white flakes out unless I pull it out with a tweezer or cut!!!! Challenge #1!! This picture actually shows a tint of red in my hair, which lately under certain lights, I have a hint of red tones!!




And as a sidebar - WTH is this. 2 knots in one lock...this is crazy! I can't blame the new consultant because look how high up the knots are!!! WTF, really!!!!



Update:
Lots of free time today to read other blogs, but in doing so it appears that Dr. Bronners actually reveal the white bulbs more so than other shampoos. Apparently, the bulbs are always there but just now more visible. I will continue to use it because I like the smell and feel of my hair after.

4 comments:

A Sista Who Locked said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Sista Who Locked said...

Had to repost...too many errors! LOL

Gigglz, you are not alone. Wow, I sound like MJ… Anyway, I, as well as many others, have the same issue. I noticed that IT DOES NOT occur in the middle section of my head, and from reading another blogger’s post, she put it best “I think because the locs are so small and the hairline is being stressed the first few months, it just comes making it possible for a small loc to come out when there is no scalp to hang on to. So, my consultant has combined a couple, but I also lost two locs.” I am thinking about doing the same thing on my next reti because I have a good bit of tiny locs in the front which I don’t see getting thicker, and I have already had to combine a couple, and it just makes sense to take care of it now. I feel your pain. I am sure this is fixable, but it can get on your nerves REAL quick when it starts looking like dandruff.

Gigglz said...

Thanks! I guess its just a matter of the process. A fellow locker I work out with who has traditional locks told me that the front gets combined eventually. Sounds like its just an issue overall even for mature locks. The dandruff look though...hmm might have to put a dot of oil there to mask it.

One thing I need to do is check if it is occuring in the middle of my head. I will get back to you on this one!

Kicukalah said...

what did you come up with about the knots in your locs. I have those too and I am not sure if it's the loctician I had or a process of the loc maturing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails