Monday, July 13, 2009

Is my hair the new toy?

Last night I washed my hair again using the Dr. Bronner because I went swimming and I had some chlorine on the back half of my head. I let it air dry last night and this morning it does feel cottony soft, and I might add that I'm not seeing many white bulbs either, but then again I didn't do a thorough check this morning. At work now this morning a co-worker stopped by my desk so I can support her daughters fundraiser. As I'm browsing through the catalog, she is playing with my hair she is touching it and running her fingers through it, although it felt good its still a little weird!!! All the while she is asking questions about how long it took, you know the usual questions, I might add she only wears weaves, strictly!!!

Yesterday, my mother did the same thing. However, she is my mother and that is to be expected because she is also watching it grow. But if I had a weave, wig, braids, perm no one would be rushing to "pet" me - lol!!

Is this happening to you?

10 comments:

Bajan Lily said...

I had my foster parents over for dinner last night and both of them ran their hands through it - lol. My husband on the other hand is still 'indifferent'!

ps that Dr Bronner stuff sounds pretty awesome...I wonder if I can find it on eBay...

Gigglz said...

Lol - its funny how people are so attracted to the touch!! A good thing I think!!

The Dr. Bronner you can order online, they won't ship to London. Try the website and let me know. It was inexpensive, and you sound like a PF why not try it LOL!!!

A Sista Who Locked said...

Toooooo funny! That happened to me when I was in Texas. This girl at a bar couldn’t contain herself and she finally asked could she touch my hair. I did feel like a lil pet, but she was clearly in love with my hair and the style. That is funny…LOL. I am glad you like the Dr. Bronner Soap. After washing and as you begin to style, do you find that you still need product to set your hair? I have not had to use anything.

PhePhi said...

that is too funny!! look @ it as a compliment. though i haven't had any strangers pet my head, i've had a few squint their eyes trying to figure out if my hair is braided, twisted, locked, coiled...LOL. natural hair is awesome.

...And i LOVE LOVE LOVE dr bronners soap for my hair.

Gigglz said...

It is funny right. I'm flattered in a way, because we are no longer the norm, we stand out and its obvious. I find woman staring at my hair all the time!!!

The Dr. Bronners, so far I've only used it twice but I haven't even set my hair since I washed it. I've been lazy lol!! Been doing a lot of freestyling, but from the feel of it I think any curl or braid will hold!! Thanks for the tip!!

Gigglz said...

PhePhi - yes its a great compliment!!! Yeah the tilted head with the squint is the funniest!!! LOL! I just smirk and keep it moving!!!

So far Dr. Bronners is showing and improving to the starter shampoo.

Natasha Dyer said...

"no one would be rushing to "pet" me" -- I'm still laughing about this line!

Gigglz said...

Quenn Nat - Lol yes like I'm some furry dog!!! Hehe!

HAIR I AM said...

I think it is a compliment. You are correct, no one would be much interested if your hair looked like the "norm."

Gigglz said...

@WonderWoman - its funny days I found myself petting my hair because it feels so nice!! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails