Friday, September 18, 2009

Carnival Cruise Lines - A NIGHTMARE!

Hey online family.  I'm BACK!!!  Did I miss anything???  Seems like everyone was blogging while I was gone and I need to catch up.  I was out of pocket because I went on a 5 day cruise on the Carnival Destiny ship.  Let me say first that I've been on two other cruises, my first was with Carnival Cruise lines back in the late 90's and the second was with Royal Carribean.  This time was with Carnival again, and as you know I've was looking forward to a nice vacation, but I was up for a big surprise.  The itinerary for my cruise for 5 days left from Miami Florida and it was:
  • Day 1 - At Sea
  • Day 2 - Ochos Rios, Jamaica
  • Day 3 - Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
  • Day 4 - At Sea
  • Day 5- Miami, FL


We flew to Miami on Saturday morning and everything went smoothly.  In the Miami airport, we were told that the boat came in late and that we could just hang out in the airport until the bus was ready to take us over to the port.  Ok no biggie, because no need to rush to the port if there was nothing there to do, see, or eat.  We hung out in the airport for about 30 minutes and then we were on our way.  After we got off the bus and we are walking into the security area of the cruise line we were given a letter that states they are changing the itinerary due to the ship being unable to sustain the proper cruising speed to take us to Jamaica and Cayman Islands.  I continue to read the letter and it states that the new itinerary is:
  • Day 1 - Key West, FL
  • Day 2 - At Sea
  • Day 3 - Nassua, Bahamas
  • Day 4 - Freeport, Bahamas
  • Day 5 - Miami, FL
Are you f---ing kidding me?!??!!?  We went from going to Jamaica and Cayman to FL and Bahamas.  To begin with the price value does not even compare to going to those places, and now we are basically sailing around in a cirlce for 5 days.  Why in the world would I want to take a cruise to Key West, FL from Miami!!!!  I continue to read the letter and it states (for our inconvenience) that our future cruise we will receive 20% off the booking cost.  Why would I want to travel with them again when we were notified via letter an hour before we leave and there is no real compensation for an issue with there equipment.  In addition, the awful ports of call that were changed the only thing that they felt would ease our disappointment was a $25 credit for each passenger towards your purchases on the cruise.  Seriously, are you kidding me!!  The best port of all was Nassau and that still doesn't compare to Jamaica or even the Cayman Islands.  I must say I'm never cruising with Carnival again!!!

So with the whackness of my cruise I didn't take alot of pictures as I normally do, but here is a few looks that I rocked with..nothing new :-)



7 comments:

Karress said...

So sorry to hear that happened to you..I have only cruised with Royal Caribbean and was thinking of trying Carnival next year since they now have a port leaving from Charleston SC, which is only 3 hrs away meaning no more flying to Florida but after this I may rethink it. Hope u had a lil fun..Nassau was great..did you go to Paradise Island?

Gigglz said...

Oh - stay with Royal Caribbean. The trip to Miami can be a hastle but at least you know that what you paid for you will receive. I'm upset with the compensation and they way they handled it as if the cruisers shouldn't be upset.

I've been to Nassua before and I ended up at Senor Frogs drinking my woes away, JK!!! But I did have a good time there.

Genevieve said...

Oh my such terrible customer service!!! Now if only they knew how many people are going to come across your blog and read this story....maybe then they would have made more of an effort? Not likely. But now I know to avoid them like the plague.

Caribbean Cruise said...

Nice post. I was last year in Caribbean cruise with my family thorough easyclicktravel. I got fantastic price on me, my wife and 2 kids and we spent wonderful time together.

Gigglz said...

@Caribbean Cruise - the price is very reasonable, but if it lacks in customer service then it could be almost absolutely free and if the trip is not what you paid for or expected with no real explanation then its not worth it.

bathmate said...

I liked it.
Bathmate

Simon said...

That's insulting. 20% off on future trips, I had to read that one three times. At the very least they should have given you 20% off of that trip (at the very least).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails