Saturday, September 26, 2009

VO5 Conclusion


If you have been following my blog you know that I tried a new shampoo yesterday hoping to get rid of the white bulbs of my hair showing (see previous post).  Yesterday I left the lock loops in until I had to run out but my hair didn't completely dry so this is what I ended up. Since my hair didn't completely dry I can't blame the lack of curls on VO5, but I wasn't too pleased originally and I planned to wash my hair again with the sisterlock starter shampoo last night, however I fell asleep.  When I woke up this morning I was much happier with the feeling and look of my locks.  All in all ,VO5 has some pros and cons and I will keep it in my arsenal for future use because it also has a great smell.

 
Pros:
  • The white flakes are not showing (big relief...biggups to A sista who locked)
  • My hair is very soft
  • Locks feel squeaky clean
  • Scalp is clean (needed after all these months)
Cons:
  • Curly Q ends have lost curl and are BUSHY (like the 1st day after installation)
  • Hair may soften too much and slow down the locking process

The pros outweigh the cons 2:1 so I will use it once a month to make sure I get a good clarifying shampoo and the other three washes I will continue to use the sisterlock starter shampoo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails