Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Consultants

I've been debating maybe I should start looking for another consultant. Not that I'm unhappy with my current one but the travel is a bit of a nuisance. Due to my own schedule of taking my daughter to school and wanting to pick her up that only gives me about seven hours to play with. Sounds like a lot of time, but factor in 2 hrs travel time (no traffic) and 4 hrs re tightening it doesn't leave much room to play with for anything else. And on top of this I've taken the day off so its almost like a wasted vacation day spent mostly in my car.



With that said I'm feeling like I have tons of questions that haven't been answered just to throw out a few:



1. How long until my hair locks?

2. Actual timing of when I can color?

3. Is my hair doing what it should be?

4. How often should I was etc...



Those just on my mind today. I have these questions now, but when I went for my 2 week check up and then 1st retightening. I didn't ask them.



For my newbie SL sisters, what made you choose your consultant and actually made you decide on them for installation and now maintenance?



I'm interested in hearing from you. You can send a direct email to me at gigglz665@gmail.com if you don't want to leave a comment.





Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

4 comments:

A Sista Who Locked said...

Man Ms. Gigglz... 2 hours is a GRIP! I thought my 40 minute drive was something... Well, to answer your questions, here is what my loctitian told me:
1. How long until my hair locks?
-Depends on your hair and hair type. No one can really say. Some if the hair in areas may be locked and some may not be locked.

2. Actual timing of when I can color?
-She laughs when I ask this because I ask often. She will not do it until it locks a good bit. I forgot the reason 'why' though.

3. Is my hair doing what it should be?
-Your hair looks awesome to me!

4. How often should I was etc...
-She forbid me, well not exactly, for the first month. I have had 2 washes since I locked on March of this year. Other times I will just walk in the rain to let my hair get wet.

I chose my girl because she educated me the MOST about the SL process. I also liked her spirit, no-short cut attitude, and she never once got agitated with all my questions. She is very meticulous about her work and I would expect nothing less as this is an investment in me. You gotta be comfy with who is in your hair. 4 hours is a long time to have someone with bad energy running their fingers through your hair. Hope this helps and so sorry for being long winded!

Gigglz said...

Hey there...my commute is 2 hours total...oops, but thats still a pain. 40 mintues I guess I could deal with, and thats actually excellent in the ATL area, lived there a while. Anyhow, your aswers are basically the same that my consultant gave me as well, except for the washing my hair. After my first re-tightening I was ok as long as I band and braid.

You know what my consulatant doesn't have a negative attitude its more like I'm an extrovert and she is an introvert. So I sit down wanting to talk about anything and everything and she isn't really a talker. Her work speaks for itself and she has been doing SL's for years, so that makes me more comfortable. The icing on the cake is also that the salon she works for has a great reputation and has been in many hair magazines....so...

I did start my search and only one woman has impressed me she gave tons of advice, but then never called me back to make an appt....hmm...the search continues

A Sista Who Locked said...

...and that is why a LOT of people miss out... That 'not calling back' stuff is the worse! That is funny about the introvert/extrovert thingy because I am sure my girl thinks I am too quiet. It's just when I get there, and after work I might add, I am EXHAUSTED! I do hope you find someone else that you like.

Gigglz said...

She still hasn't called back...o well. I'm going to have to stick with the "quiet" lady who does good work. I just have to remember to write all my questions down. Thats funny that you don't wanna talk when you get there...even with being exhausted, so what do you do just relax and let her play in your hair? How long are your retightenings?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails