Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Things to remember...yet so easy to forget

As I get further away from being a quote on quote a newbie I tend to forget the simple things that helped me along in my journey thus far. Since I've been talking to a lot of sisters off line about the beginning stages of the journey it is a good idea to revisit them.

The list below are the simple yet vital things that should be done in the beginning stages.

1. When washing your hair, don't put the braids in too tight.  You can't wash the locks as well.

2. Don't use black rubber brands on dark brown/black hair.  You can't see to take them out.

3. Do check that you separated ALL the locks twice.

4. Don't use products just cause. Truly have a need for it, otherwise use a spritz of water.

5. Sleep with satin bonnet or satin pillowcase.

6. If your locks are too short to braid, be sure to bundle.

7. There is no cause for concern if you have slippage, its part of the journey (even in month 8).

What worked for you?



-Gigglz

2 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Your tips are great.

I also agree not to use those black rubberbands not only are they hard to find they are also hard to take out. I learned from another locked sister to use those small little colorful cotton scrungi( not sure of spelling)
They are easy to find and easy to take out.

Also if some of your locks are too short to braid or bundle try using those small snap on clips to clip the lock down while washing so it doesn't come loose.

I also agree with the satin bonet/ or pillow case as of now I am dealing with lint because I was too lazy. Just do what you have to do so you won't have to pay for it in the long run.

Again great tips!

Gigglz said...

The small snap is a great tip I never thought about!!

I love, love my satin pillowcase I actually still feel sexy going to bed...I don't have to look all crazy with my bonnet!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails