Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Compliments

Just a random thought this morning. I dropped my daughter off at school and one of the mothers said she liked my hair and how great it looked (she was really excited..LOL). I responded thanks, and moved along in the conversation. As I got back in my car I started thinking should I have elaborated about the fact that my hair is sisterlocks and not braids (because that was my signature look) and educate this woman? Or did I make the right decision by taking the compliment and keep it moving? Now, I can sit and talk about hair for days on end without repeating my opinions and thoughts and I'm kicking myself that I didn't educate her. Just to add this woman wears pieces to make her hair flow down her back; I definitely should have explained this further. Oh well, next time I certainly will as I know as my hair grows the compliments will be pouring in (smile). Thoughts?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can i use your blog post in an article on compliments and how accepting them is not as easy as people think.......i am a freelance writer and i write for a no. of websites

i will make sure to include ur blog title so that more traffic cud cum ur way

lemme know wot u think

u can reach me at
shazia_irshad_syed@yahoo.co.in

thanks and take care

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails