Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Let's Play Catch Up

I have been a delinquent in posting to my blog and there is so much to write about and definitely not enough time in the day for it all. Not enough time especially since the weather has been warmer and I've been spending much more time outdoors so lets get to it.

So about a two weeks ago I tried the ACV rinse.

When I originally purchased the vinegar and put the bottle to my nose I thought, yep smells just like vinegar with a hint of apple. I love red vinegar or balsamic vinegar in my salads the more the merrier so I was quite pleased that the smell was along the same lines. I jumped in the shower put half a bottle of vinegar in my plastic clear bottle filled the other half up with water and started pouring the solution from my front hairline and working backwards. I didn't feel a huge cleanse feeling on my scalp so I left the solution on while I did my shower duties. I diluted another half bottle and mixed with water and then..what a STENCH start to emerge in my entire bathroom. My boyfriend just so happened to walk in and ask "WTH is that smell"..needless to say it was unpleasant. I began to wash out the 2nd ACV rinse and noticed no difference, my scalp didn't feel especially cleansed but my face felt burnt!!! I did a quick conditioner only on the ends of my locks put it in and washed it out. I jumped out the shower and thought nothing else of it.

Now the following day I went to the gym and as usual sweat in my head...WOW that dang stench was back! It was a mixture between someones butt crack and another person's buttcrack ..hehe! I came home and washed my hair. Needless to say I won't be doing another ACV rinse because I certainly didn't feel like my locks felt uber soft afterwards nor did I feel my scalp and locks were extra clean.

Moving on, in a previous post I asked about cutting off processed ends, not permed ends. After the beautiful responses I got I cut the ends of about 5 locks. I checked them out and I liked how they progressed so I got to snipping on the majority of all my locks. I still have ends that need to be cut which I'm doing a little bit each day as I see them. My ends are definitely looking more sealed in the front and middle and my overall appearance looks a bit more clean than undone.

One last thing to catch you all up, I purchased the Taliah Waajid Crinkles and Curls because literally no matter what product I used for my curls they aren't lasting more than 2 days. So many SL wearers have raved about this product so I of course have to give it a try.

Whew...now that we are up to date there is nothing much else going on. This week I've done about 7 flat twist in a somewhat side going back direction and pulled the back up into an 'onytail'...you know the immature ponytail :-)!

6 comments:

Natural High said...

Lol. I am over here dying about the whole butt crack thing. You are too funny! This reminds me of a time I tried to dye my hair with black coffee and the stench would not go away for a week and it was funkay!!! Anyway I am ignorant to the whole ACV rinsing thing. Do you think you used too much?

Naturally Sophia said...

Funny! I'm glad you came inside long enough to blog.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I noticed that the ACV rinses work occaisonally for me. I think my scalp is resistent to it, lol.

Anyhow hopefully the Crinkles & Curls work for you. Although I havent used it since my first year of locking. I think it's a great product.

Gigglz said...

@Natural High - Black coffee - interesting, did it work? I don't think I used to much because I diluted it ...maybe its just not for me.

@Naturally Sophia - :-)

@V - Occasionally, how so? What difference do you feel?

Natural High said...

The coffee did work...it was so stinky though! Maybe I made it too strong. I brewed a few pots and put it in the sink and kept pouring it over my head...lol! The things we do for beauty:)

The Woman Inside said...

How much ACV did you use? I use about a quarter cup and mix it in 3/4 cups of water. My hair usually ends up with a really nice sheen and it feels much softer. But then again I am not using conditioner yet so the difference may be a little more noticeable for me. LOL about the smell!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails