Friday, August 21, 2009

Taking your locks out?

Well....my perfectionist ways have caused me to lose two locks. During my retightening I combined two locks because I could not get the new growth apart, but since I lost a part I wasn't really pleased with leaving it that way. I wanted to fix them, meaning take it out and re-install it. PhePhi (thanks for the guidance) gave me a you tube video to watch on how to install a SL from scratch. I figured I was ready, so I pulled out a bobby pin and started taking the lock out.

RESULTS:

As I picked the lock out my hair was shedding and the further I got the more my hair was shedding. When I was done picking out both locks I ended up with a ball of hair on my dresser :-) You know the type of ball that you get when you wear a weave or braids and finally take it out, yeah that ball :-) So I put my hair in the toilet and flushed it away..so in essence I flushed two locks away.

I didn't put 2 new locks in because the hair remained is so thin...pics to come (my camera needs to charge). I figure during my next retightening I will just combine the few strands with a lock nearby.

Now I have no thoughts of taking my locks down in the nearby future, but from this experience it has got me wondering. What if I did ever want to take my SL's down, it seems like I would have to cut them because my hair has begun locking. Yes, very positive that my hair is already locking, but sad knowing that if I do want them out I would have to cut them...luckily I'm not having those thoughts!

Here is what is left of the two locks!

2 comments:

Bajan Lily said...

I'm still in shock that those few strands were all you had left from TWO locks! I saw a really good take down on Fokti where a young lady took down 6/7 months of SLs and she kept most of her hair - despite having a humongous hair ball (of shed hair of course lol).
You've just frightened me !

Gigglz said...

Yes, can you believe it!! I'm not to distraught, but I know I won't be doing that anytime soon. It just makes me realize how fragile the hair still is!!! Ugh! I'm going to be super careful retightening..need to keep my mirrors handy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails