Sunday, September 20, 2009

To Color or not to color my Locks...

After looking at the picture from yesterday and these (enlarge them), I'm so distraught about the color of my hair. It really looks pretty awful to me, I'm so tempted to go pick up a rinse box and work it out on my locks and its not like I'm trying to change my color, right now I'd be just happy with jet black.  What is stopping me seriously is the adverse effects that will happen, and I have no idea how to fix the issues that may arise.  UGH!!!! Feeling like I'm between a rock and a hard place.  Its about to start getting cold up here and in the winter months I don't do too much, maybe I can just tough it out until March at least...alright just needed to get that out my system, feeling better now that I have talked myself out of running over to Walgreens to buy hair dye at least for today :-)!

7 comments:

Mile High Sisterlocks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Sista Who Locked said...

I am in the same boat. I want to color my locs really bad, but I keep reading that you should wait at least a year. I feel your pain.

Gigglz said...

@Sista who locked - lets just say it sucks!!! LOL!

Bajan Lily said...

I don't see what you mean! Your ends look a bit 'red' like wine coloured but not ashy as you mentioned in your last post...
That said - I know someone who did dye her hair (black) and hasn't had adverse effects - apart from some loosening of the pattern throughout some locks and more dryness with her hair. She was probably 4 or 5 months along when she did it.
Tough call.

Gigglz said...

@Bajan Lily - you're absolutely right, its more of a red tint but in my eyes it looks ashy!! Maybe I'm being too hard on myself.

4/5 months and loosening and dryness, I don't want to deal with that now, far less when I've done something to cause it. I think I have the bug out of my system for now. Hats and the like will help me throughout the winter.

Kittylocks said...

Hi there I have been following your blog with interest. I have never coloured my hair before a friend did it for me and I am never turning back.This was at 3 months. Good luck Kittylocks.

Gigglz said...

@Kittylocks - thanks so much for the encouragement!! I think I'm ready, but I'm going to go with black because my hair never takes any light colors unless I strip it. I will keep you posted.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails