Friday, September 4, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day Weekend in the tri-state area is HUGE for my family and HUGE for the West Indian Community. Family and friends come into town and the festivities begin in NJ and end in NY (well at least for my family). Trinidad carnival is the beginnning of the season and Labor day ends it, so since Wednesday, I have been eating, drinking, and dancing with the family and tonight they are all headed to Brooklyn for parties, breakfast parties (4am-12pm), jouvert, and more parties. I never really make it to the parties, because my mother is partying harder now then she did before she got married had kids etc. so my babysitter is busy for the weekend, LOL!!! I think the only thing I will do is go to Kiddie's Carnival with my daughter, cousin, and her kids which is on Saturday. But, with all thats going on, do you know what I will be doing? NADA! Not exactly, nothing I will be retightening my hair and I will try to get it done in 3 days, so I'm thinking if I should wash it before starting, but I just did that the other day so I will wing it.

In any event, what are your plans for the weekend?

2 comments:

The Woman Inside said...

We will be stopping by as many BBQ's as we can. We have 2 lined up so far. The CA fires kept us in all week so we are busting to get out!

Gigglz said...

@the woman inside - those fires must stop plans for you annually. Have a great time in the Cali sun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails