Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Retightening Class



Today I went to my retightening class and I met Kay Exquisite. It was just the two of us and honestly we talked for the entire class to each other and the instructor. With all that talking we actually ended up staying an extra hour just talking, it was a GREAT experience. #1, it was great to meet a fellow blogger in person, and #2 it was nice to see another person's hair in just about the same stage as I'm in.

In regards to the class, I definitely implore all of you to go and take the class if you want to DIY. I learned alot about my hair, why things are done a certain way and what my hair is currently doing, information about my cuticle and because Kay Exquisite was also there it was like we were able to bounce ideas and questions easier and learned even more then if we were there alone. Although, you do have your consultant for that you know human nature always wants you to get a second opinion on everything. The trainer was extremely knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and giving of information and for all of those reasons she will be my new consultant. I will definitely be going back to her in the future to check on my hair on a quarterly basis and if I need any styling for any special occasions. Now the ultimate test of course is which do I prefer. Since I have already retightened my whole head with the NL tool and now I have used the official SL tool, by far the SL tool wins!!! Hands down it cannot compare and I think my 5 day retightening will be reduced to 3 days. I will test my theory out over the Labor Day weekend. I still love my SL's and even more so now that I can take care of them the proper way.

And one last thing is that I have changed my pattern now to a 3 to allow my hair to coil around its natural pattern instead of keeping it stifled.

On another note, there is a HUGE back story on the NL tool and how it came about. I will post about this tomorrow, its time to go to bed!

7 comments:

Felicia said...

So very cool that you two met. Retightening class in Dallas is scheduled for November. I am truly looking forward to it now. Why did you change your pattern? So happy for you two!!

Genevieve said...

Oh Wow!!!!! Thanks for sharing. You've given me that push I need to take the class myself as soon as I can. Thanks!

Gigglz said...

@Felicia - do you know who the trainer is for the class in Dallas? I changed my pattern because Kay's hair texture and my texture looked the same and I asked why she was a 3 and I was a 4. The trainer said that she would've thought I would have been a 3 as well. So I asked the difference and she said the 3 is better for my natural hair coil and it will allow for my strands to breathe. You know how I'm always complaining that my locks are hard and thats partly due to the 4 pattern becuase its so tight keeping my hair boxed in. So I'm going to go with the 3 for 6 months and see if I feel/see a difference.

@Genevieve - its definitely worth taking for that freedeom that we all desperately want. And think you can always go back to your consultant when you are feeling lazy or need a checkup.

A Sista Who Locked said...

Wow... I just saw this post. You and Kay are awesome... Both of you have gotten my interest peeked in learning and taking the class. I think that is the bomb... maybe I really need to give the class a second thought. Were you able to practice while there?

Gigglz said...

@A Sista who locked - its worth it even if you don't plan to maintain them solely yourself! I work the crazy hours from home some nights, so having the ability to do it myself is what I needed. The class was two hours and probably 1.5 hours we practiced right there and even more so when the class was over she allowed us to stay since we weren't completely finished with the section we worked on.

Anonymous said...

This is inspiring Gigglz. Okay, maaaybe I'll digress . . . a lil. How about this . . . if I find an extra $250.00 pLUS hundreds of dollars for a plane ticket I'll take the class. LOL.

Thanks so much for sharing and giving this sistah the 4-1-1. Good lookin' out.

Namaste,

LL

Gigglz said...

Always here for the 4-1-1 on what I learn :-). Think about it this way, how many retightenings will you get for the $250 and then after that you are free as bird with no cost.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails