Thursday, August 6, 2009

Aren't we all too familiar

A follower of my blog suggested that I check out a video of a little girl getting her hair done. We are all too familiar with this ritual, and although I cannot view the you tube video from my job, I can only imagine what it looks like. I did find an article that directs you to the video, please take a look and give me your comments...

I will be back later to give you my thoughts!

Click on the title and it will take you to the article.



Well I've had a moment to watch the you tube video and it is disturbing to me on so many levels.

1. As a mother, even if my daughter is acting like a total crazy woman I don't use that type of language towards her.

2. If the mother did have to brush the little girls hair due to knots or tanling, the manner in which she was doing so was not going to get the knots out, all it would do is pull the hair out. She was brushing her hair in big chunks no wonder it hurt it was as if she was grooming a doll.

3. I'm assuming the person who taped it is the little girls big sister who was obviously much older. It just gave me chills of like an Antwone Fisher type of situation. Abuse, I hate to say it. It just appeared again from my observation that this mother was not a caring mother she just saw a task at hand that she needed to get done and that was it.

Seriously speaking though, my stomach was in knots watching that video. The screams, the actions, and the constant instigation from the recorder. WOW!!!! I wonder if authorities have been called DYFS (NJ) comes for any reason I wonder if they paid her a visit.

6 comments:

A Sista Who Locked said...

OK.... I just watched it, and I had to stop it after the first 2 minutes. That is just bad on so man levels. I am mad that YouTube is even showing it. It seems like verbal abuse is coming in that house, because although the mom is brushing the kid's hair like crazy, and the the little girl is screaming, she is screaming I hate you, and the girl taping is just laughing like she is not even phased. That is just.... ugh.

Gigglz said...

@A Sista who locked - I agree with you wholeheartedly. I really do hope the authorities get involved somehow. It is UGH!!!

Bajan Lily said...

I watched it with the sound off, having read your post I'm too scared to turn the sound on! As you pointed out though the mum is brushing the hair all wrong - it would definitely just tear it out/break it and cause the little girl loads of unnecessary pain... which IMHO is just plain mean.

Gigglz said...

@Bajan Lily - it was just an absolute mess!!!!

YingYangGurl said...

I was very tenderheaded growing up and hated to get my hair combed. That was just painful to watch. I know some people stop at calling it abuse but I don't. She was verbally abusing the child and physically abusing her. She wasn't taking small sections and starting at the end and working her way to the root. If she just started yanking the little girls hair it would have had the same affect.

Gigglz said...

@YingYangGurl - I agree -- ABUSE!!! We can only that the mothers eyes have now opened to what she was doing based on the huge response it has gotten online.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails