Monday, March 15, 2010

Hair Type

Before SL's how long were you a loose natural?

For me, I was natural under braids but as far as a loose natural, hmm. Maybe 2 months. I was not pleased with the daily maintenance and I just didn't know what products worked and for that reason, I tried them all that were mentioned on blogs. While being a loose natural the question always came up of what "Type" of hair I had. Ugh, nappy coils! However after research I figured I'm between a 4b and 4c. With my hair type my SL's took pretty good and I didn't experience much slippage and my hair seemed to lock in the average time of a year, although I still have some curly Q's probably because I tried coloring 2x at home. What's your hair type and do you think it help or hinders your progress?

1 comment:

new2locs said...

Hey Gigglz!
I was a loose nappy for three years before I loc'd up. Like you I tried tons of products before I found what worked for my hair. Unlike you though I actually liked my loose nappy hair once I found the right products which turned out to be Oyin Handmade Products, man I love that stuff, although I don't use it much now that I'm loc'd.
I still don't know what hair type I am but will guess 4 something. It has taken my hair 18 month's to totally loc so I can't say if it being nappy helped much. My hair is nappy but really soft & somewhat thin. So who knows but this I know for sure, I LOVE MY LOC'S!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails