Monday, February 22, 2010

Bantu Knots

I've really been slacking on doing my retightening so I decided this weekend I would get it all done. Sunday, I worked on it all day and finished. Happily, I can report I didn't combine any locks, and if I did I was able to unhook them. I also didn't have to combine any locks because they were too thin. All in all, my locks are doing well. After messing in my head all day, I really didn't feel like putting too much tension with cornrows and I didn't feel like pulling out rollers so I opted for bantu knots (still tension, I know, lol). I've never been the master of bantu knots, but as I was two strand twisting my daughters hair on Saturday I noticed how easy it would be to do so I hopped to it. I carefully parted my sections and made sure all my rows and knots were even in size. I didn't put any products in my hair I just put my head under the shower stream for about 5 seconds (this also soothes my scalp after a retightening). It was pretty easy and I was able to tuck all my ends and they stayed in place except the back row, so I put a rubber band.

This morning I took them out first thing, my head was hurting from the retightening and the knots and here are the results. On the top view shot you can see the separation from how I did my retightening but other than that ,not too bad, looks like I used lock loops, but not as tight. What do think?


-Gigglz

5 comments:

Coco Pebb said...

I love that look! You have a lot of body and it's a great length. Too cute!

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Love the curls, plus its always an added bonus because you didn't have to use any products!

Bajan Lily said...

I love it too!
My bantu knot curls stopped holding after I started having bunching issues - you've inspired me to try again :)

The Woman Inside said...

They look perty girl!! I really like this curl on you and your locks are looking really good.

Gigglz said...

I feel like blushing over here gals!! You all are too generous with the compliments. However, I must say that this worked so much easier than rolling. It took the same amount of time and I didn't have to sleep in hard rollers. This style is perfect for vacations because I don't have to travel with anything!!! Wohoo!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails