Monday, April 5, 2010

Just a quick updated..letting you know growth is internal!

For the past month I have been diligent in keeping up with my health. I implemented taking the following every single morning:

Daily multivitamin
Biotin
Wheatgrass smoothie - not my recipe just taken from another blog.

I didn't notice anything different about my locks until I started my most recent retightening. I'm almost complete and in doing it I noticed tons of new growth in between my locks, lots of strands of hair sprouted out around my locks and not just stubble. It was enough growth to pull into the surrounding locks. I must say I'm quite happy about that and I plan to keep up with my vitamins and smoothie. In addition to the stray hairs, I noticed a growth spurt. I haven't been wearing my locks out since the weather has finally broke so I'm trying to keep my locks off my face and neck but once I do I will do another comparison picture from even a month ago.

You always hear that your hair shows the health of your body internally and I must say this change internally is exuding externally.

Nothing much else going on with my locks, I haven't tried any new styles, but I have got some ideas in my head that I need to try, but since being able to pull my hair in one bun, my ease of that has taken over...but I will try something new within this next week. My color is doing well and I haven't experienced any issue thus far since getting them colored.

I will be back when I have some additional time to post new pics!

4 comments:

Natural High said...

Hi Gigglz, I take Biotin too. I definitely noticed a difference with my skin and nails, not too sure about my hair yet. I guess I expected it to be much longer at this point:) I do want to try the wheatgrass smoothie. What does it taste like?

Gigglz said...

LOL - you expected it to be much longer at this point! Don't worry you're not alone. I used to take Biotin even prior to having locks and I noticed differences in my skin and nails, my hair not so much. I think because I was paying way too much attention to it.

The wheatgrass smoothie I shake enough cinnamon to my liking and I started out using peaches instead of blueberries because I wasn't too keen on blueberries. Honestly it doesn't taste bad or good, I know its good for me so I down the 4 ounces every morning and I'm used to it now! Try it for at least 7 days with a frozen fruit of your choice and let me know what you think.

Natural High said...

It's funny because I have been natural since 08 and I remember saying to myself how long my hair would be at this point and how fly I was gonna be...lmbo! Ok so I'm gonna give the wheatgrass smoothie a whirl. I will go out and get the items this weekend and give you my reviews:)

Gigglz said...

@natural high - did you ever try the smoothie?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails