Monday, June 15, 2009

Looser Curl






I admit I loved the lock loops when I first got them because they gave my locks a new and improved look other than just the freestyle with a headband. As time goes on I realize that although I like the curls I don't want a tight curl which is what the lock loops give. By day 2, curls from lock loops are looser and I like but on day one feeling a little too old school. So I've brought back out some spiral rods that you can buy at your grocery store. You know the ones that you can bend in any direction they are long and slim. The good thing is that it doesn't take much for your hair to take shape with these. Yesterday I put them in @ 9am and out by 12 and I got a bit of light curl which is what I was looking for. For now this is what I will be rocking until of course I get bored which will be in about another 3 or 4 weeks.....n excuse the half scowl on my face ... And I need to take pics before I leave the house. I always remember as I'm driving!!!


Just adding to this post since I was on my blackberry, here is the picture of the spiral rods I was referring to. These are the two sizes I'm currently using and I only put some of my homeade spritz on the ends for a slight curl.





Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

4 comments:

Bajan Lily said...

I'm loving this style!
How long was your hair when your SL journey began?
I also prefer this kinda 'loose' curl look to the tight loc loop look.

Gigglz said...

Thanks :-) it turned out just how I wanted it too. My hair was 4 inches in the front and back (perimeter area) and 6 inches everywhere else. So not a bad starting point.

A Sista Who Locked said...

Did you roll your hair wet or dry? I am going to have to buy some of these. I am heavy handed and I keep breaking my Lock Loops...

Gigglz said...

ASWL - I did it on dry hair. I'm sure on wet hair would turn on better, but they can't be comfortable to sleep in.

BTW--what are you doing to the poor lock loops to break them!! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails