Sunday, March 28, 2010

Still Blogging??

My boyfriend out of the blue asked me if I'm still blogging. I told him that it seems like most people aren't blogging like they used to and more people are now doing you tube videos. No one reads anymore or writes...hmm I'm definitely concerned about how my daughter will communicate in the future. From the texting where you abbreviate everything will children truly learn how to read, write, spell correctly...ok on a tangent. So with that I'm starting to think whats the purpose of blogging when I can just create a you tube channel and get in front of the camera and ramble, trust me I'm good with that.

Here are just some recent photos with an updo. Unfortunately, my curls are not staying like they used to, so my bang looks SHOT. It seems like my locks are going through a phase where I have to use some mousse or spray before putting rollers in. Another change in the journey.






7 comments:

PhePhi said...

too cute. i totally hear ya. i say keep blogging. keep reading alive. however, it is a concern...

Natural High said...

Gigglz, you are so on point about folks not reading or writing anymore! I plan to keep blogging it's therapy for me! I must say I am really loving your updo and color. You look really beautiful! I am still waiting to try some color but I am only 7 mos since my major repair and am still afraid I will damage my locks. But hopefully by my one year my consultant will LET me color..we'll see:)

Gigglz said...

@Phe Phi - thanks I'm going to keep blogging :-).
@Natural High - your locks look great in this pic and will look HAWT with color too!

Bajan Lily said...

Keep blogging for real - I've had to read a lot of your recent posts via phone which means that videos/multimedia posts are lost to me - reading keeps my brain from going dead :)

msfullroller said...

Please keep blogging if you can! There are a few of us avid readers still out there. ;-)

Bee said...

Gigglz,

I was just thinking this same thing earlier today. About a year ago I posted a 1 min video showing my Sisterlock size and new growth (I posted it to show a consultant how small my Sisterlocks were). After she viewed the video, I didn't bother taking it down. Do you know just about every other month, someone subscribes themselves to my videos on YouTube! and I haven't posted anything recent? All I do is laugh.

It seems people don't read much, but they do. We all gotta keep writing. I think it is a happy balance between personal journaling and YouTube! With a blog, you can share your ideas with other sisters with Sisterlocks/natural hair and you get the feedback and support you wouldn't get if you kept your entries to yourself. It also makes you accountable....you don't feel like blogging but you do anyway because you have followers.....On the flip side, a blog is not too personal where you see footage of someone. It isn't so in your face.

Just my humble opinion!

Bee
www.sisterlockedinsisterlocks.blogspot.com

Gigglz said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement Bee! I will definitely keep blogging even if its for my own release of thoughts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails