Saturday, March 6, 2010

Taking it back to the Basics...YET AGAIN!

Although I'm not seeing hairs shedding from my locks, I feel like the color now shows how thin SL's really are. So a week after I got my hair colored I orderd the Green Tea Product kit from the sisterlocks website.  Ironically, Dewdrop mentioned in her combining SL's into TL's post that extensive coloring started to thin her locks out and I've been feeling that its definitely possible. Today I used the green tea shampoo which has a really nice smell and lathered up so well.  The applicator bottle posted on the SL website that came with the kit notes to put water in with the shampoo.  Its funny because you read so many places that you should or shouldnt' dilute who actually knows the answer.  I had stopped diluting the starter shampoo for months now, maybe I shouldn't have.  Oh well :-(.  So I used the green tea shampoo for 3 shampoos and I didn't bother braiding and banding, I think I'm definitely over that (at least for now).  The shampoo has a nice tingling feeling and I felt like my scalp and locks were getting a really good cleaning.  I moved on with the reconstructor conditioner and left that on with a cap for 30 minutes.  I must say my locks feel so soft and really, really moisturized.  I had no reason to even put any oils on my locks. What they (who is they, lol) say is true, sometimes its just better to go back to the basics and use the products made for what you have.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails