Thursday, March 18, 2010

3/18 it's my 1 year loc-a-versary!!!!

Oh wow! I can't believe its been a year of trials and fails :-) and trials and successes and I wouldn't change anything for the world! Its funny because although at the time I decided to lock I felt I was making a simple change to my hair, that simple change of chemical to natural, and natural to locked has trickled into my life. I have started using all natural products for my body as well and I am more aware of what I put into my body. I have learned a lot about myself over this past year as well.



It feels like over the past 2 weeks or so, my locks have stretched its like the year marker was approaching and my locks, LOCKED!! Its really weird but I will definitely take it. It seems odd to that over this past week I have gotten a lot more compliments then I have over the past few months, maybe the color has me walking with a bit more swagger, who knows! But whatever it is feels good.

The things I have learned about my locks is that I should keep it simple. Stop with all the product experimentation because at the end of the day a spray bottle with tap water is enough to refresh it all. If that fails stick with the sisterlock products. For me when I use them my locks seem to come alive again with bounce and moisture. Also a satin cap and a satin pillowcase go a long way. I have not had to battle with lint as I hear this can be a pain; satin against satin feels nice going across my locks as well.

All in all, I am glad I made the decision to lock, not only to lock but to lock with SISTERLOCKS! I love my sisterlocks and I'm looking forward to the changes they will go through in the next year.

My plans for this year is to do more updo styling and also down styling but with more accessories, pins, flowers and curls. Stay tuned :-)

8 comments:

msfullroller said...

Beautiful progress! Happy Loc-a-Versary!!

Hibiscus Niki said...

Congrats on reaching 1 year. The updo is nice and the make up looks great as well.

HN

Felicia said...

Congratulations!!! It's finally here!! It came really fast. Through all of the ups and downs, bumps and bruises you were a real encouragrement to me. Happy Lockversary!!!

The Real Nique said...

Congratulations! I love the updo you did and of course the color brings your locks more excitement!! I too have explored living more natural, from the foods I eat to the the remedies vs. medicines. All in all, it is a positive change. I love it! I can't wait to see more stying! Thanks!

Bajan Lily said...

Happy Anniversary, well written article too :)
I look forward to following your journey as you head on in to year 2!

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Congrats! Your hair is looking fierce!

Gigglz said...

@Ms Full Roller - thank you!

@Hibiscus Niki - thank you! I'm messing more with eyeshadows, so thanks for the compliment.

@Felicia - glad to know that I can be an inspiration thru the tough times.

@The Real Nique - thanks, the color is definitely taking me to a different level.

@Bajan Lily - thanks, and you're approaching your year marker too.

@Brown Buttafly - thank you!

Naturally Sophia said...

Ohh yay! I'm so late. Congrats and congrats!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails