Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Touch of Color


Update: Today (2/25), I'm feeling much better about my color, the red tone seems to be blending in more with the brown.  So far so good!
I couldn't do it any longer. I have been staring at my locks day after day and saying BLAH! The dark color was just blah! I was trying to hold out for my anniversary to color, but if you know anything about me you know I want what I want when I want it. No matter what! So, I broke down and made an appointment at the same salon I received my creative styling from. My thought on color has flip flopped from highlights to just coloring the top half to coloring the whole thing. I'm so indecisive with simple decisions like this. The one thing I knew is that I had to have the black color lifted. I figured I would see what color it looked like once lifted and go from there. So, this is what I have! Hmm....its brownish, red I guess with different tones of brown and red throughout my whole head. At first, I was in shock since I've kept my hair black for so long, but tonight as I looked at it, its starting to grow on me. Of course I sought out opinions and the consensus is to see what it looks like it two weeks, a shampoo, workouts, and see what I have. Only time will tell.

Sorry this picture quality is not that great but I can't find my battery charger for my camera.
-Gigglz

12 comments:

Beautifully Made! said...

Oh, I just LOVE IT! Really brings out your complexion!

Bajan Lily said...

I'm still digging the 'shape' of your hair - let alone the colour :) It's ALL good!

PhePhi said...

i'm sooooo diggin it. & i understand what u mean. i'm indecisive that way too.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Love the color!

Gigglz said...

@Beautifully Made --- I'm realizing that too, thanks!

@Bajan -- lol, the shape its an uneven bob!!!

@PhePhi - Thanks!

A Sista Who Locked said...

I like it! So your stylist 'lifted' the black? Did she advise you as to what you should use to keep your hair moisturized? What brand did she use? I want to color my hair and I still have not taken the plunge.. You are re-motivating me!

The Woman Inside said...

The color is fab!!! Yes, what brand did they use? Post some more pick soon I am excited to see it over time as well. I can't wait to color my hair.

Naturally Sophia said...

Great minds must think alike. I dyed my hair a similar shade about 2 weeks ago. I like your color. It's great!

Gigglz said...

@ASWL - She basically bleached it that was the only way to pull the black out. There is a product out by Clairol that can be purchased at Sally's to lift all dark colors out. I thought about getting it but just opted to go to a professional.

The stylist makes her own oils so I purchased a bottle and I've been using that and a little bit of twist and lock moisturizer by Jane Carter.

@The Woman Inside - they used I think Adore, I've seen the bottle before in beauty supply shops. So when they lifted the black this is the color I ended up with and then they just put a rinse the same color to blend it all a bit more. She also used a mahogany on my roots to not have them so bright and it helps when my roots start to grow in dark.

@naturally sophia - thanks!! Your color is nice too!!

Denise said...

The color really looks good!

Kay exquisite said...

I love it!!! It looks great girlie.

Gigglz said...

@Denise and Kay - thanks ladies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails