OMG!!!!! I received an email that I was nominated for the stylish blogger award. I have to say I'm so surprised that I was nominated, I can't say my blog is stylish but I will take it anyway :-).
I just want to give a special thank you to Kreyola for nominating me, and she gave me a great compliment:
"I love her blog. I been following her for a while now and love all her sisterlocks updates."
Here's what you have to do nominee's
Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award
Share 7 things about yourself.
Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
Contact these bloggers and tell them about it.
Now, wow 7 things about myself....that's a hard one, here goes nothing...
- My friends call me Dancehall Queen. As you know my parents are from Trinidad (mom) and Tobago (dad) so any soca music that I hear seems to get into my blood and I really just feel the music. I LOVE TO PARTY!!!!
- I LOVE to workout, its becoming one of my favorite things to do, of course its a huge thank you to having Sisterlocks and not having to worry about my hair afterwards. I started after having my daughter because I used to be a toothpick prior to having her. Not as if I'm large now, but instead of just being slim, I want to look and feel fit and I am. I have really gotten into it over the past three years, if I could just stop the cocktail consumption I would be better :-)
- I have a beautiful daughter who just turned 7 on Saturday 4/30. She is a joy, wakes up smiling, goes to sleep smiling and is so smart (who doesn't say that about their own child), but hey that's what everyone tells me :-)
- I have an undergrad degree majored in Finance and minor in Economics, I also have a MBA in Accounting. I've used all of that to earn a living working with Hedge Funds first as a Manager and now I work in an analyst role.
- I am anti-social when I just meet people, unless I'm in the mood to be social. However, once I get to talking I'm a talker and can dominate a conversation and room. My mood normally comes more often than not to be a social butterfly:-) ....now that doesn't sound like a good thing.
- As you can tell I take a lot of pictures of my face. This all has to do with trying to figure out what styles work for me, what makeup works and doesn't work. And this also has to do with having a blackberry. Prior to blackberry with the camera I hardly took pictures from the phone. I take a lot of pictures with my camera, never download them so I'm the only person who sees the events I have gone too :-).
- I am addicted to my blackberry, I really cannot leave home with out it. Nor can I go longer than 10 minutes without looking at it even when I have all the notifications on to let me know I have received a message. Its addicting, I also have an Iphone because I wanted to test out all the clever applications they have. I got tired of paying two bills so now my Iphone has turned into an Itouch :-), but trust me I'm debating giving my blackberry up full time for the Iphone 4.
Thanks to all my fellow bloggers as well as followers. I truly nominate you all, because we all deserve it!