Monday, December 14, 2009

Back to Basics

Its been quite some time since freestyling with my locks.  Everytime I wash my hair I've been feeling the need to do a braidout or use my lock loops.  On Friday night, after washing my hair I decided to let my locks air dry a bit before putting some cornrows in and then it hit me.....I can just let my locks air dry.  I just let them do their thing, when I woke up Saturday morning it was surprising to see that I didnt' experience any shrinkage.  I was definitely happy about that, what I wasn't too pleased about is the fact that you can really see the difference in length and fullness between the left and right.  Ugh!! I'm probably making it a bigger deal than it should be, but it really baffles me.  Its about a good half inch difference in length.  Look at the right side closely (although I'm wearing black) you can see the fullness and length difference. As I sit here typing I can feel the right side touching my back as well as the middle and nothing doing on the left. Oh well....can't do much to change it.

So as usual I digressed off topic...I come back to freestyling.  When my locks have no additives (braids/curls) its seems a bit flatter and without body then when I actually do something to it, but you know its a great way to rock if I just need a refresher in the morning.  Although its chilly here, I will wet my head under the shower stall and then jump in my car and go to work in a heartbeat.   Hopefully I will avoid a pneumonia!! 

By the way -- which way do you like better? Center or side part?

3 comments:

Coco Pebb said...

I think the side part is a nice change and because you put the part closer to the right side, it gives the illusion of a fuller left side. I am sure you notice it more than anyone else...isn't that always the case? Looks good and freestyling is great, espcially with all the rain in Jersey.

Kay exquisite said...

You know I like the side part lol. I totally agree you know I didn't like the braidout for a long time but now I really cant just let my hair freestyle I have to cornrow, braid or curl it or it just does not behave. Darn rebellious teenagers. But Its cool it just means that our hair is maturing and I can't complain about that. :-)

Gigglz said...

@cocopebb - yeah that was the intention of the side part it seems to work. The funny part is I've always wanted to wear a middle part so...I'm pushing it.

@Kay exquisite - I know you like the side part!! LOL! I agree cornrows.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails