Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Preaching.....

I think I can be an inspiration to many other woman who are teetering on either going natural or the decision to loc their hair. Earlier today, I was talking to a friend I've known for, wow, over 15 years and I was telling her I loc'd my hair and how great I feel about myself. She told me I sound spiritual and uplifted. You know what she hit the nail on the head. I feel liberated, uplifted, and free!!!!


In reading a post I sent in the Yahoo forum, what do you think??

"Hello - I read your story and honestly I'm 31 and just started with my sisterlocks and wondered how it would turn out. I have gone through countless hairstyles over the years I've had anything from perms, texturizers, short cuts, weaves, extensions to say the least I've had it all. When I made the decision I was apprehensive and so was everyone else around me that I wouldn't stick it out. Its been two months not a long time but I could not see myself without my SL's. I've made a commitment to myself and to my hair to keep it natural and healthy and I've fell in love with myself and my hair through this journey.  I don't think I was in love with myself enough due to my disconnect and understanding of my hair, always trying to add length of something to make it "behave".  Locking your hair isn't just about a hairstyle its also a connection with yourself and soul."

I would say...oh yeah!!! I have finally connected with my soul and its extremely freeing knowing that I am 100% me and free!!!!


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails